Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mystery and Culture







The audio is a song from Vib Thoj entitled “Kuv Thaij Yog Tus Hlub Koj” (I am the one who loves you) for translations please check here.

To anyone, these two images may just be another shot of 3 girls from behind, but to me, I find these two images beautiful and breath taking, why? There are so many stories behind the Hmong people; we are a group of mysterious people with so much history. Until one knows a Hmong’s true story, they are yet to know how life as a Hmong person really is. I like these two images because surrounding these two images are mystery and tradition. We as the viewers does not know what’s really behind these images, what they are doing, what they are waiting for.
I do not know the photographer of these images therefore I am not able to credit them.

No comments: